Monday 4 October 2010

Comeback Time

So the Run For Vision is this coming Sunday exactly 3 weeks to the day that I fractured my rib, and I've decided to run.  My doctor told me I needed a month to heal, but in the deranged mind of a runner 3 weeks equals a month right?

Surprisingly, the time since my injury has based quite quickly.  As a bicycle commuter I was dreading taking the train to work every day for a month.  But to my good fortune we've been having a lot of rain in Tokyo over the past few weeks, so even if I wasn't injured I would have been forced to take the train and scale back my running anyway.

I haven't run for 3 weeks, I'm not sure how my ribs will feel, but I believe I can make it to the finish line.  My race plan is to soak up the sun and enjoy the atmosphere while running around the scenic Imperial Palace gardens in central Tokyo with a few thousand of my closest running friends.

Looking forward to getting out there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment